Friday, June 22, 2012

The Joy of the Lord is my strength

A coworker said that he was impressed with some famous people and a movie stars demeanor when they got up in the morning at the hotel he worked. One star mentioned that he did not want anyone to come near him while he was trying to find himself that morning. He insisted to forget about all the attention, admirers, things that needed to be done or the hustle and bustle to come. He said that inspired him also. I reflected upon my experience and mentioned that I have a similar beginning each day but only by coming into the Lord's presence upon getting into his word.

In John 1:1 it shows us that in the beginning was the word and the word is with God and the word is God . The scriptures also tell us that God is Spirit and that God is embodied in His word. When I read His word and take it in, I receive the Spirit of Life that is embodied in His word. The word is also  truth, reality, not just the knowledge  that we acquire but the reality of the words we believe in. This is the infusing of the essence of God that we call Faith.

Before hitting the  highway and hustle and  bustle of my days I experience the reality, peace, joy in the Holy Spirit. Every day, I experience a renewing, a renewing of my spirit, soul and body. This reality of the Spirit in His word becomes my joy and strength. The Joy of the Lord is my strength daily and I Praise the Lord that the truth or reality of Christ as the anointing Spirit refreshes me daily. Whenever I spend some time before going about my day in the reading of His word my faith is renewed. It simply comes by the hearing of the word of God!

No comments:

Post a Comment